Friday, May 1, 2015

Avengers, Age of Ultron, mini-pre-review

My favorite parts, with patented No Spoilers guarantee.*

The movie opens with a beautifully illustrated example of just how good our guys have gotten at teamwork. (It's in the first five minutes of the movie, and I'm not giving you details, so this isn't a spoiler.) I'd also point out that at the very early scene where we momentarily get to admire the team, Black Widow is right there among them, where she belongs. (You listening, Hasbro? **)

I don't want to say much about the movie yet, because even very few spoilers is too many. I will say, I think my geeky friends will like it. I was going to list some of my favorite lines, but now I can only think of the one. I think the link wiped my brain. 

Also. The Easter Egg is no longer hidden post-credits. But the music that rolls over the credits is lovely.

*Okay, definitely less than .00001%.
** If you don't know what I'm going on about, the inestimably awesome Mark Ruffalo launched a twitter hashtag in complaint of the fact that so much of the Avengers merch was missing Black Widow. Go to Twitter and seek out #wheresnatasha if you want to know more.


No comments:

Post a Comment